Monday, January 2, 2012

2012: New Year...

It has been a year since I started this blog.  Looking back on my first two entries in 2011 I've found myself surprised that I basically got everything I hoped for during the year.  It's hard to see it in the moment and I suppose that's the power of reflection.  

Last year I said, "If I concentrate on the things that I find satisfying and if I persevere at making those things the focal point of my time then it will lead me in the right direction. It will help me to become the change I wish to see in my life and it will keep my soul positive and hopeful through the process," and hoped for "financial stability, emotional security, renewed hope and passions towards creativity and for the continued essence of love in everything we do."  I am blessed that so much of what I had hoped for persisted throughout my year even when I wasn't feeling strong or competent.  I managed to get all the way through the financial class I took and it has provided me with some solid financial stability.  Emotional security?  As much as that's possible I feel like I've come a ways with being able to communicate and feel less daunted by new people and confronting uncomfortable situations.. I've learned a little something about resourcing myself in difficult moments.  Lots of creativity over the last year.  And no lack of love: inner or outward; given or received.  

For this year I guess it's more of a similar vein.  I'm wishing for everyone and for myself when I lay it out... I want us to be physically healthier. I want us to be emotionally warmer. I want us to be spiritually full. I want us to continue on a happy and/or calm contented trajectories.  I want us to be brave, honest and open.  I want us to be adventurous.  I want us to accept and bolster our inner children.   
I have some concrete desires for this year too and the list seems to lengthen every time I think about it.  I want to have beautiful experiences with the people in my life.  I want to create more and share those creations.  I'll have to write the list later...

To all of you, may you have a beautiful, wonderful, expansive, loving and acceptance filled year.

Namaste.

No comments: